Axis Security is pioneering a game-changing approach to Zero Trust Network Access. Axis Security’s Application Access Cloud makes application access amazingly simple. Built on a zero-trust approach, users are securely connected to apps, while avoiding the need for VPNs, VDI’s, agents, or appliances.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Axis is doing: giving our customers the ability to deliver the safest way to connect users to applications. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world adopt our platform. We have top tier venture funding, an amazing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we offer great benefits.
Axis Security is looking for a rock star Sr./Director, Corporate Marketing to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to play a critical role in developing a world-class brand for one of the hottest companies in cybersecurity. The ideal candidate is highly collaborative and can move seamlessly between strategy and planning, and roll-up-your-sleeves hands-on execution, excelling at both.
This role is responsible for owning and driving brand, creative services, media/public relations, analyst relations, content production/marketing communications, social media, web marketing, strategic events, influencer strategy, and customer marketing. The role reports to the CMO, and will work directly with company executives, marketing, and across the company. Location is flexible, preferred SF Bay Area.
In this role you ensure that value propositions are differentiated, that key messages are communicated to target segments in the most compelling and impactful way possible. You will drive category-leading thought leadership and give our sales team the air cover they need to get into more deals and win them. You will manage external agencies up-level our brand and get us in front of key influencers, editors, reporters, and bloggers helping secure more coverage and social engagement. You will be expected to proactively drive creative ideas for generating coverage and thought leadership.
- Define and execute the corporate marketing strategy resulting in consistent branding, messaging, and positioning.
- Own and manage our brand experience, and website, driving stronger flow of inbound opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key analysts and ensure Axis is taking all necessary steps to perform well in key research.
- Track research calendar and coordinate cross-functionally to respond to analyst inquiries.
- Establish processes for ongoing communication and education of industry analysts.
- Increase awareness of Axis Security through PR, social media, and other programs
- Drive thought leadership opportunities.
- Build and manage a compelling customer marketing program that helps drive customer retention, loyalty, advocacy, growth and community participation.
- Build, develop, and retain a high-impact, results-oriented team.
- Create and develop content for executive presentations that communicates our value.
- Monitor analyst research and highlight relevant research to the appropriate teams with applicable positioning.
- Manage Corporate Marketing budget, analysis, and reporting.
- Flag and track competitive differentiation and leadership as perceived by influencers.
- Manage and enhance our social media interactions to drive more engagement in the market and position the company as a thought leader with key constituents.
- Manage the interface with external agencies including but not limited to PR, branding, creative services, corporate events, and web.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7-10 years’ experience in Corporate Marketing or related roles in B2B technology, with 3+ years’ experience managing people.
- Passionate, high-energy person who enjoys working with people and thrives on collaboration
- Sense of urgency, a person who is willing to roll-up their sleeves, execute and get things across the finish line
- Critical thinking, strategic acumen and market insight: able to synthesize competitive trends, market data and customer insights into a plan of action.
- A proven track record identifying, recruiting and developing talent, ability to lead in a high growth business.
- Must have experience and understanding of PR agencies and industry analyst ecosystem with track record of executing PR and AR programs.
- Must have experience leading and driving corporate branding.
- Knowledge of the cyber security industry.
- Ability to work across organizational lines, command respect, and influence without authority.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills; highly effective presentation skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and experience in bringing new programs and ideas to life
- Driven, self-starter able to execute goals regardless of obstacles.
- Bachelor’s degree
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.